2024 South Florida Fair Recap

Luz Angel
An overview of the South Florida Fair

As the annual South Florida Fair ends, we would like to highlight our favorite parts. Between the thrilling rides, crazy foods, and adorable animals there was so much to do this year. The 2024 theme was “Dive Into the Fun” where the fair celebrated marine wildlife. 

For people who love the adrenaline rush of rides, the fair is a great place to go. The classic Ferris wheels at the fair offer beautiful views of the fair, and at night the lights are magical. The fair also provides thrilling rides including a Haunted House and the Starship. 

The fair is known for its crazy food combination, and this year did not disappoint. From pickle lemonade to burger donuts there was an option for everyone. There was even food in line with the marine theme, like baby shark donuts. Personally, we love the classics like funnel cake and fried Oreos. 

This year there was a wide variety of animals to visit including marine animals like sting rays, sharks, and seals. Of course, they had to have the classic farm animals and a loveable petting zoo. They even had a glass observation bee hive! 

We asked the Chiefs at Santaluces what their favorite part of the fair was. One sophomore, named Anabella Cantu, said “I love seeing the baby chicks and the pig races!” Another student, Evelyn Portillo, said “The Zipper is the coolest thing there. It’s the best ride!”

Here are some pictures to illustrate the fun, friendly, and brightly colored environment the South Florida Fair Holds!