NAHS Brings Creativity to Chiefs

NAHS poster in the Visual Arts hallway.

Grace Almanza, Staff Writer

National Art Honor Society is widely known for its fun yearly activities. Filled with members of artistic inclination, NAHS works to bring creativity to the community and pushes its members into being more creative themselves. Its a club accepting of all high school students, so long as they have a 3.0 GPA and up.

NAHS  participates in activities such as Relay For Life, Color Run, and the Lake Worth Street Painting Festival. They also sponsor on-campus activities such as tie-dye shirts, scavenger hunts, and other fun arts and crafts. According to NAHS officers, within these activities, students in the club make many friends and grow closer to others around them. They gain experiences and creativity that stays with them for the rest of their life. This club is a great outlet for those who feel the need to express themselves through art. 

This year, NAHS has gained two new co-presidents, senior students Christine Lamanna and Desereé Jacques, while photography teacher Ms Ardner continues to sponsor it. They are excited to ring in the new school year and start the club as soon as possible.

“We’re looking forward to having new members and sharing new experiences with them throughout this year,” Ms Ardner shares.

National Art Honor Society’s first club meeting will be Tuesday, September 9th, in room 4-111 from 2:45 to 3:30. Juice and cookies will be available for all future or incoming members. Make sure to have a ride at 3:30.