Football Camp at Yale University

Tameka Robinson
The Yale logo

This past summer, I was blessed with the opportunity to unofficially visit the prestigious university, Yale University.  I attended their football camp over the summer in July and was taught a lot of knowledge about the game and their campus by coaches and current Yale football players.  It was also a great opportunity to perform in front of a lot of college-level coaches not just from Yale. 

At the camp, the coaches took all the prospects through different drills such as 15-yard shuttles, broad jumps, vertical jumps, and more.  After getting warmed up, all prospects were broken up into their positions and worked with Yale University’s position coaches. Being being a linebacker, I was able to work with the inside and outside linebacker coaches from Yale.  It was great! I was able to take a lot of information that they taught me and was able to add it to my game.  The coaches taught me different techniques such as block destruction, run fitting, man coverage, zone coverage, and more.  After doing the drills, we got into some competition drills.  I started a little slow but picked up towards the end.

After the camp though, I was able to talk to some of the coaches after and take pictures with them.  Also, I was able to take a tour of the campus and it is beautiful!  The campus is very nice and I could definitely see myself going there for college.  After the tour of the campus, we were able to talk to some of the coaches including Coach Reno, the current head coach for the Yale Bulldogs.  We were also able to go to the team store and see all the Yale gear that they had to offer and purchase a few items to take back home!  This was such a great experience and I can’t wait to go back!