Chiefs Fall to Top-Ranked Atlantic 37-7

Kevin Fielder, Staff Writer

In a District 10-A heavyweight matchup, the Chiefs faced off against the undefeated Atlantic Eagles with hopes of extending their win streak to five straight games.

Considered the cream of the crop in Palm Beach County, the Eagles have three starters who are top division 1 talent, including one in the 2020 Top-100. As a team, the Eagles finished in the Florida State playoffs and finished with a 12-2 record.

The Chiefs started with the ball and promptly drove the ball down the field for an 88-yard drive lead by junior running back Val Carnegie and sophomore running back Jahbari Hill. Senior quarterback Justin Raymonvil would finish the drive with a keeper on 4th and goal, giving the Chiefs a 7-0 lead.

Following the touchdown, the Chiefs would have multiple opportunities to extend their lead. This included a kickoff recovery by the Chiefs, that placed the Chiefs at the Atlantic 30-yard line. The drive would end in an Atlantic interception.

With 3 minutes left in the first half, the Atlantic offense would drive 59 yards down the field and score a touchdown, tying the game at 7-7.

The third quarter would be much of the same, with the Chiefs keeping pace with the Eagles for most of the quarter. However, the Eagles’ top talent would show up and finish of a strong second half, winning 37-7.

The Chiefs will have a bye week this week before continuing district play against Spanish River (0-7, 0-4) on Friday, October 19.