Early Morning on a Late Start

Skylar Cross

My friend, Megan Gribbon (Junior), and I at Denny’s before the LTM.

Skylar Cross, Blog and Social Media Editor

Typically, on my LTM days I invest my extra four hours before school to catch up on sleep. Not so much “typically,” more like every single LTM I’ve had since freshman year.

However, I decided this LTM I wanted to wake up relatively early and see the sunrise, since I have never seen it before. Living on the east coast of South Florida, I had to, at least one time, witness the sunrising. So I set my alarm for 6:30 AM and was set on seeing the sun as it levitated from the horizon.

I awoke to the sound of my alarm and hurried to the beach with my friend, Megan. Her and I visited Hammock Beach and took in the scene of the gorgeous morning sky.

After that, we had so much time to spare we headed over to Denny’s to grab breakfast, getting there around 9 AM.

I understand “LTM” directing translates to “sleeping in,” but I have to say this LTM was the most memorable of my entire high school experience. You may think “Ugh, I really don’t want to get up early on an LTM day,” but I’m telling you it’s worth it if you find something fun to do. After you graduate from high school you’re not going to look back on LTMs you spent in your bed, asleep. You’ll look back on the mornings where you got up and went out and did something different.

An early morning at Hammock Beach.
Skylar Cross
An early morning at Hammock Beach.
My friend, Megan Gribbon (Junior), and I at Denny's before the LTM.
Skylar Cross