The Best Fall Treats

Lynn Stollberg
A pumpkin patch in the fall

With the Fall season officially rolling in, all I can think about is all the wonderful traditions that come with it. There aren’t many things that make Fall special in Florida. The temperature takes forever to drop, and beautiful orange and red leaves don’t shed off the trees as they do elsewhere. That’s why the part I look forward to the most every autumn is the food. Every year, my family throws a big party where everyone brings their favorite fall desserts. Here are some of the best ones!

Caramel Apple Nachos

These caramel apple nachos are super easy to make if you’re looking for a quick snack that looks cute.  It is nothing more than a layer of apples drizzled with caramel and finished with your favorite toppings.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin muffins have always been my favorite breakfast ever, and these are no exception. They’re also a wonderful after-school snack. If you put cream cheese frosting on them, they can become a delicious dessert.

Apple Pie Bars

With a soft shortbread crust, a gooey apple pie filling, and a crunchy pecan crumble on top, these apple pie bars were all the best parts of fall in one.

Portuguese Pastel de Nata de Abóbora

My sisters recently took a trip to Europe, and when their plane stopped in Portugal, my Aunt told them that they absolutely had to try Pastel de Nata. After eating these, I completely understood her insistence. They were simultaneously creamy and crispy, and the pumpkin flavor added a fun twist.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

These pumpkin cheesecake bites were absolutely amazing. They had all the lovable flavor of a cheesecake while incorporating the warm senses of fall with their pumpkin layers.

Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark (top) and Pumpkin Loaf Cake (bottom)

If you’re not a baker but still love fall foods, I’d recommend these store-bought treats. The pumpkin spice granola bark was lovely on its own, but it could be a great way to boost flavor and texture to all sorts of other meals. The pumpkin loaf cake was sweet, and the icing added the perfect touch.

That’s all. I hope you enjoy your Fall-time snacking!