How To Deal With Hate

KRT

Courtesy of MCT Campus

Alicia Newby, Staff Writer

Since drama in high school is prominent for some, it is not unlikely to come across someone that is not fond of you or can not keep your name out of their mouth. It may be easy for some to deal with hate, but for others, it is not so easy. So here are some tips on how to deal with it.

Ignore it – There has been a time where rumors have been spread about me that were unnecessary and inappropriate. However, instead of going around asking who said what to who, I simply ignored it. If you feed into rumors that aren’t true, you will only make them live longer. I always say that as long as you know the truth, nothing else should matter. Another way to look at this is social media; if people are posting pictures and saying stuff about you on social media, the best way to deal with this is to ignore it. What these people want is a post or a comment back, just to get a reaction. Don’t give them the satisfaction.

Have confidence – Keep your head held high. If you walk around school giving off positivity, the people who are talking about you will realize that you aren’t paying attention to them and will soon stop what they’re doing. You can also surround yourself with friends who make you feel better about yourself, motivate you, and support you.

Be unbothered – Usually, people who hate on others want to get a reaction out of them. The best way to respond to this is to just be unbothered. Do not let them know that they’re getting to you because they feed off of that and will continue to do what they’re doing. The main thing that these people want is attention and you have to try your best to not give that to them.

In situations like these, I always follow these steps. In my opinion, ignoring and avoiding your haters and drama in general will help the issue die down slowly but surely. Just be sure to keep your chin up.