Get Ready for Spring Break

Stephanie Ballesteros, Staff Writer

Spring Break is next month, and there are so many things you need to check off before it arrives.

Although it’s only a week, Spring Break is taken very seriously here in Florida. It’s the time where many teens tend to go with frequency to the beach and on road trips. Don’t let this Spring Break take you by surprise, mark off this checklist and get ready.

Figure out your job situation

This may not seem as such an important factor. However, this can completely change your plans. If you don’t currently have a job and don’t plan on working over the break, then you shouldn’t worry. However, if you DO have a job and you really want to go out and have some fun, make sure to start letting your boss know in advance. You might not be able to get the whole week off but definitely some days. The smart thing to do in this situation would be to make plans according to your work schedule.

Talk to your parents

This may be one of the most important factors in having a great Spring Break. You’re still in high school, so for many of you, whatever your parent’s say, goes. If you’re planning to go out with friends then you really have to talk with your parents in advance, just so they can be aware and not plan some spontaneous family road trip. If your parents are a bit rough around the edges about the whole “going out” idea then talking to them about your plans now is a great way to go. Don’t get upset and just try to be compliant with their rules. Maybe you won’t be able to hang out with your friends every day; enjoy the moments that you can.

Set up a schedule

Some teachers like to give packets over the break. If you know that one of your teachers will do this, then setting up a schedule for yourself will really ease your work. Make plans according to your availability. Don’t go running off to the beach for two days straight when you have five packets waiting at home. Procrastination and messiness will lead you to try to get done a week’s worth of assignments the night before break ends.

Obviously, there are many more factors that play a role when planning for the best Spring Break but these are important points you would want to keep in mind. However you decide to spend your break, make sure to have the most stress-free and fun time that you can.