How Old Is Too Old?

MCT Campus

I’m all for love, but only if it’s between two consenting adults or two consenting minors.

Ilisha Strassler, Staff Writer

Dating in high school is fun – you can experience your first love or just hang out. It’s a new experience, but more often than not, “mature” teenagers don’t stick together and they date way above their age. This raises a huge question: how old is too old?

Kylie Jenner, 17, and 25 year-old Tyga have allegedly been in a relationship. Tyga denies having a relationship with her but let’s be real, it’s pretty sketchy for a 25 year old to be spending so much time with a minor.

Dating is a pretty big deal and can be hard in a “normal” relationship, but add age as a factor and it makes things difficult. What exactly can a 25 year-old have in common with a 17 year-old? You think you have a lot in common, but in reality, you’re being manipulated into believing that.

It’s one thing for feelings to develop while you’re unaware of the age difference, but if your potential suitor is still actively pursuing in the beginning while being aware of the age difference, they’re not a “believer of true love,” they’re a predator.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, but until you’re actually a mature adult, stick to dating other people near your age.